PRIVATE EVENTS & PARTIES
You can also call Beth at 858 481 8040 and she'll help you create your rockin' night here at the Belly Up!
Belly Up may be known as San Diego’s best live music venue, but it is also a unique, first-class atmosphere with a true Southern California feel. We have the ability to transform the venue into any theme you can imagine.
Rent the Belly Up for
- Company Dinners & Parties
- Breakfasts, luncheons & matinees (great for non-profits!)
- Birthday & Anniversary Parties
- Holiday Parties
- Post-Convention/Trade-Show Parties
- Employee Appreciation Parties
- Product Launches
- Client Entertaining
- Wedding Receptions
- Charity Fundraisers
Belly Up also has availability for group sales into one of our existing shows (ages 21 and over, please). The facility has so much to offer including:
- Located just two blocks from the beach, close to local hotels and train station
- State of the art sound and lighting system (see production page for details)
- Complete backline (see production page for details)
- Experienced talent buyer to assist with booking your entertainment
- Full kitchen with in-house chef & party planner to customize your catering needs and budget
- Two full bars
- Two HD projection screens (great for video montages, product launches, sponsor logos & power point presentations)
- Three flatscreen TVs
- Use your imagination…we can do a formal seated dinner for 100 or a cocktail reception for 600.
FACILITY FEE INCLUDES
- Your personal marquee message
- Up to 10 hours of venue use for a full venue buy out
- House lighting & sound systems
- Security Staff
- Event Manager
- Bar & Wait staff
- All in house AV & backline
- Dressing Rooms
Existing Seating including:
- Black Chairs w/back: 72
- Folding Chairs: 100
- Bar Stools w/o back: 102
- Hi-Boy Tables: 18 w/bench seating & barstools
- Hi-Boy Tables: 8 w/bench seating
- 21 black chairs w/backs
- Cocktail Rounds: 8
- 8’ Banquet Tables: 8
On a budget? Belly Up is also avail for matinees (Sat & Sun, 3 hour window), happy hour buy outs (Friday only, 5-8pm) and group sales into shows!
PRIVATE EVENT F.A.Q.
- Q: Can minors attend private events?
- A: No, unfortunately, Belly Up is a 21+ venue by law.
- Q: How late can we stay?
- A: 1:00 a.m., We would like to have staff out by 1:30.
- Q: Can we bring in alcohol?
- A: Because we hold a public liquor license all alcohol service must go through the Belly Up, but we can tailor your bar service to fit your budget!
- Q: Can we bring in our favorite caterer?
- A: No, all catering is service through the Tavern. Our chef will tailor a menu to your palette & budget!
- Q: How many guest can the venue accommodate?
- A: 600 for a cocktail reception. For a dinner, up to 350 will fit comfortably in the Belly Up. If the party #s increase, we recommend utilizing the Tavern and possibly the outback lounge for additional seating. Ask Beth for more info.